Friday, April 19, 2013

Beautiful Mess Centerpiece

Surprise! I'm posting Monday's post today! My husband took our 3 year old on a trip for the weekend, our older two are playing with my younger sister and brother. And I'm excited about what I worked on today...
All good reasons to throw prior plans to the wind!


***
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) International just announced next year's theme will be, A Beautiful Mess. Tomorrow, I have the honor of being part of a training session for MOPS groups from our end of the state. We will be celebrating the successes of this year and brain-storming ideas for next year and I'm super thrilled to be in on it.

A Beautiful Mess.

I like that.
Life is certainly messy.
And most definitely beautiful.

My responsibilities for the session included putting together the decorations and centerpieces. As the creative activities coordinator I guess that falls under my roof and I couldn't be happier.

Not one to break too far from my retro-vintage chic (i.e. junk) pile, I fell back on my comfort collection...

Buckets, garlands, Ball jars, musty bottles with rusty lids.
"I got a bucket, got a bucketful of sunshine
I got a love and I know that it's all mine, oh, oh oh oh..."

 Ok, Natasha Bedingfield, moving on.


Throw in a wooden crate, newly (finally) budding branches, doilies, and burlap for the welcome table. I'm a happy girl.



These are the centerpieces for each table. Wellies, jars, moss, rocks, markers for jotting down momentary inspiration, Forsythia, raffia, more burlap and a shelf-liner "puddle".






And just so you know, I am pretty much infatuated with this chippy cupboard door. Barely-there aqua and white. Rusty, painted hinges and latch. Scrumptious.




A beautiful mess.
A motherhood centerpiece.

Because mothering is a lot about finding only one boot.
Little boys playing with sticks.
Scraps of paper.
Rock collections.
Leafy green stuff trodden on the carpet.
Chipped paint.
Dirt in the cracks.
Little girls calling Forsythia, "For-Cynthia".
Putting a bow in it to make it look combed.
Scotch tape.
Running for a bucket.
Recycled egg-crate crafts.
Crooked cut-out hearts.

Motherhood is about mud-puddles.
And singing while you stomp in them.


Love,
Raimie Lu


11 comments:

  1. very beautiful! i recognize a few of your items. ;) Your words are the best part of it all tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is LOVELY -- the centerpeices, the words, the thoughts. Love it all! Praying for the event tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! Sweet of you to stop by and think of us. The training went really well. :)

      Delete
  3. I know this is not about the cupboard but Oh, that old red cupboard..still makes me smile to see it! Traveled many miles, changed hands and homes..still charming and you are too! Keep it up
    Hugs, Auntie Lu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie, Well I DID get it from "someone" with excellent taste! ;)

      Delete
  4. You help me remember those beautiful days of childhood. My children's childhood, those days that are gone except for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the limited-editions these days are... I remind myself often of that! You help ME focus on the beauty of it because you are well aware of how fast it goes, Auntie. :)

      Delete
  5. beautiful!!!!
    I would like to invite you to link up with other Nebraska bloggers.
    Here is the link that explains.
    http://choresandchandeliers.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-day-in-good-life-link-up.html

    I look forward to following your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following Suzi! I will check out the linkup. :)

      Delete
  6. Dear Centered,
    I did read this awhile ago, but forgot to come back & comment! Love the thoughts & the arrangement.
    Mostly love You.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments interest me, make me smile, and sweeten my day. Thank you for leaving them, you are a treasure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...